Welcome to The Mental Health Association of South Central Kansas
We exist to empower and assist youth, families and adults in South Central Kansas to achieve optimal mental health and wellness through education, advocacy, and service. With your help we can make a difference. Our website provides ways for you to learn about our agency and how to get involved. Thanks for visiting. Your support is appreciated.
MHASCK is a proud affiliate of Mental Health America.
April is Alcohol Awareness Month
Bethany Lippe on 04/01/2015
April is Alcohol Awareness month. While many people drink alcohol occasionally, more than 22.6 million (9.2% of the adult population) Americans struggle with addiction. Join us in spreading the word about this disease and the treatment available.
Did you know:
- 2.4 million adolescents have an alcohol or drug problem.
- 50% of adults have a family member with alcoholism.
- Alcoholism is the 3rd leading lifestyle related cause of death in the United States.
- "1 drink" is: a 12 oz bottle of beer, a 5 oz glass of wine or a 1.5 oz shot of liquor?
There are many things that you can do:
- Take a Day Off from drinking.
- Drink in moderation: 1 drink per day for women and 2 drinks per day for men
- Seek help or refer a friend/loved one for help: Addictions @MHA 316.303.1508