Sumner County RSVP Program
To volunteer with the RSVP program, call Debbie Lutz at 316.554.6303 or visit our RSVP office at 107 S. Washington in Wellington, KS.
RSVP shows you how you can apply the skills and wisdom you've acquired throughout your life to make a positive impact in the lives of others.
A part of AmeriCorps Senior, RSVP is America's largest volunteer network for people age 55 and over, with more than 300,000 volunteers nationwide. You choose how and where you want to serve and how much time you want to give.
Your time is valuable and we maximize every minute. Our highly structured program focuses on making a tangible difference. National performance measures guide our efforts and ensure your work contributes real, lasting change in your community. We'll prepare you for success with pre-service orientation and training from the organization where you will serve. You'll even receive supplemental insurance while you are in service. Our service opportunities focus on:
Help other seniors maintain their independence and improve their quality of life by:
- Visiting residents at local senior care homes.
- Preparing and delivering meals to home-bound individuals
- Providing non-emergency medical transportation
- Transportation to the grocery store or other essential needs
- Helping local non-profits such as the Human Society, local museums, and thrift stores
Impart your wisdom on our youth and help ensure that they can be as successful as possible:
- Mentor a youth at a local school through the Lunch Buddy program
- Provide assistance in the classroom
- Tutor youth who may be struggling or need additional support